Your Video Assignment
If you want to create simple videos every week (or every day) for your clients and community(e.g. for your YouTube channel and for Facebook), then here is a simple assignment to get you creating good content quickly, easily and in a way that you can improve what you do every single time.
Pick just one thing a day you can give as a free video tip:
- identify a specific problem
- write out your brief ‘to the point’ high value ‘do this’ or ‘this is why’ etc solution
- list 3 clear benefits of your solution to the viewer
- refine it down to a short, sharp 1 minute piece
- deliver it to camera
- start and end the video with: your name, your website (and maybe a clear tagline if you have one)
You have 15 mins max to write it out, refine it, practice it twice and deliver it to camera.
Every video must be framed in your mind with ‘the benefit to you (the viewer) is…’x‘ i.e. ‘In this video you will learn, discover, find out…‘
Do one a day for the next week.
Here’s the thing…
Forget about getting it perfect – just do it!
Some will come out great…some may not be so great…but the practice and commitment will get you better results every time.
- quicker video production
- faster ‘1 minute tip’ ideas
- speedier camera set up times
- more confidence in delivering to camera
- faster completion of your video process
In fact, if you really want to make this fast, easy and super efficient, do your enitre weeks’ videos in one day.
Once you’re all set up and with a litle practice, it can be easy to do 5 x one minute videos in 60-90 mins from concept to completion.